Sunday, July 21, 2019
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
28 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
*Teach ALL Nationalities*
16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
-Some Worshipped and some Doubted
Jesus left us with Authority, Activity and Ability
- Matthew 28:18- And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
- Servant lies with palsy, Jesus spoke, and he was healed immediately
- Using the authority that Jesus left us is the responsibility of all believers.
(Greek word for GO!)
- It is a continued action
- No matter where you are or what you are doing you should be GOING to the PEOPLE (making disciples)!
- Matthew 28:20b and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
- Christians DO NOT be afraid, Jesus is with us while we are GOING and winning souls!
Jesus also gave us commands John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
- Love the Lord
- Love your neighbor
- Do not worry
- Rejoice & Be Rejoice
- Let your light shine
- Love your enemies
- Go make disciples
1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
*Love is Long Suffering and Kind*
*In many respects, we as members no longer GOING. We depend on the Pastor to do preach, win souls, and build up and encourage the saved. Church members are acting as cheer leaders and seat warmers, but we should be doing our part and GOING. *
Sunday, July, 14,2019
“Elevation NOT Condemnation” is the theme of our church.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
*We should not condemn people because God did not condemn us
Condemn– to declare to be reprehensible, wrong, or evil usually after weighing evidence and without reservation; to pronounce guilty; to convict
Elevate– to lift-up or make higher: to raise the spirits of
*We still do evil on the side of God as Christians, but we can ask for forgiveness
Examples in the Bible
My name is Legion Mark 5:2-19
- We have issues that we think, we have under control- but we don’t
- Legion ran and worshiped the Lord (with all his problems). Jesus asked what was his name? He answered “My name is Legion, for we are many. Mark 5:9
Women Taken in Adultery John 8:1-11
- The men present the Woman to Jesus for committing Adultery and demand that she be stoned according to the Law of Moses.
- Jesus says, let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. John 8:7
*In both cases Jesus did not turn them away*
Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
New Beginnings gathers the last Sunday of the month to fellowship!
We All Need a Phurah
Judges 7:10 But if thou fear to go down, go thou with Phurah thy servant down to the host:
Story of Gideon
Gideon was the fifth judge over Israel in the book of Judges. He is introduced in chapter 6 of the book while he was collecting wheat and hiding it from the enemy. An angel came to him and asked him to take on the task of overthrowing the Midianites.
The angel addressed him as a mighty man of valor. Some people may see this as humorous because Gideon was hiding from the enemy. We NEED to see us how God sees us!
*God sees what we don’t see. He sees us as…
Healed Highly Favored
And so much more!
Gideon was fearful, and God told him to take Phurah his servant, with him to visit the host of Midio.
Phurah– fruit bearer or one who bears fruit, beauty. Phurah was a servant of Gideon, but not in the sense of a “slave”.
Servant can mean many things
We all need a Phurah. We all need that person we can call on to give us true advice and help us in difficult situations.
We can be a Phurah in peoples lives to help meet needs.
9) Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
10) For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
11) Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?
12) And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
Be available to be a Phurah in someones life.
Sunday, June 16, 2019
Be Like Methuselah’s Father *100th Anniversary of Father’s Day*
-Enoch is Methuselah’s dad.
-After Enoch had Methuselah, he walked with God. Gen. 5:22
-Having a child should CHANGE your life
Walking with God Requires
- A relationship with God
- Meditating on the Word
Enoch walked with God in a wicked world (before the Flood) and his life reminds us that it is possible to walk with God in sinful times.
Walk with God and He will reward us. Hebrews 11:5,6
- Seek God FIRST
- Trust God to take care of you (Hebrews 11:6)
- Seeking has its rewards and promises
- Diligently seek and He will reward you
How Do we seek?
Put God first and He will do the work!
*Don’t leave out the key word TOGETHER* Its not all about your together, but ALL the togethers and they will work out
Synergy- The interaction of two or more agents or forces so
that their combined effect is greater than the sum of the individual effects.
Hope- Wait patiently/ while working for the Lord on Earth
-Joseph Sold into Slavery
-Joseph & Potiphar’s Wife
-Joseph and the dream
Genesis 42:6- Joseph’s Brothers bow down
*I can not do it, but the Lord can*
Immediately, when you see trouble- know the Lord can!
Love God and if you are called- If He is for us who can be against us? (Romans 8:31)