Title: Spiritual Growth: My Debt is Forgiven
Scripture Reference: Matthew 18:26,27
Seek to be forgiven Matthew 5:23-26
Seek others forgiveness Matthew 18:15
Seek to forgive yourself 2 Corinthians 5:17
Title: Watch, as well as Pray
Scripture Reference: Matthew 26: 36-41
v. 36-37 Jesus was under pressure
38-41: Strengthen your spirit and it will beat the flesh
Gates Of Hell Purpose for ChurchMat. 16:13-20
1) James 1:27 care for orphan & widows
2) Acts 6:1-3 teach God’s. services…
A to each other
B to the community
C to the need
3) James 5:14-15 care of sick
Conclusion: Matthew 28:18-20 The church should care.
Title:No More Excuses Look on the Brightside
Scripture Reference: Matthew 15:21-29
We started out talking about Optimistic and Pessimistic. I would like to introduce you to a new way of thinking. Its call Faithimistic.
- BE PERSISTENT WHEN HE ANSWERS NOT A WORD Matthew 15:21-23
- YOU DON’T HAVE TO ACCEPT THAT JUST KEEP WORSHIPING Matthew 15:24-25
- SO WHAT YOUR FEELING GOT HURT HUM HOW I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD Matthew 15:26-27
- CLOSING v. 28 reads Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
TITLE: Speak the Word Only
SCRIPTURE REFERENCE: Matthew 8: 1 – 13
Faith is exercised in confession and believing.
V 5-6 The Centurion Humbles Himself on Behalf of a Servant
V 7-8 The Centurion Acknowledges His Inferior Status as a Gentile
V 8-9 The Centurion Recognizes Jesus’ Unlimited Authority to Heal
V 10 Jesus Accepts This Attitude as Faith
Many church workers focus on getting people saved in churches where new people rarely visit; we may need to focus more on sharing the faith by word and deed in our communities outside church walls, and across cultural barriers as well.
TITLE: No More Excuses: Say What the Word Says
SCRIPTURE REFERENCE: Matthew 4: 1-11
VS.1-4 The Devil wants you to doubt you salvation
VS.5-7 The Devil will try to get you to doubt what God’s word says
VS.8-11 The Devil will try to give to you in return for worship
IN CLOSING I John 2:16 says For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.